Five Ways to See Less of the Dentist
I know what you're thinking 'Brush your teeth; don't eat sweets; blah blah blah; nag nag nag' and of course there's always an element of that, but there's more too it than that. Read on, gentle reader, and learn your way to a healthier mouth:
1. One of the most effective things you can do is be born and grow up somewhere with fluoride in the water, America for instance.
2. It really helps to floss every day.
3. Plaque is the villain of the peace and plaque can only be made from sugar, so reducing the sugar in your diet will always help.
4. Acting early when you think there may be a problem can make there treatment simpler and cheaper. Bleeding gums? Get advice. Sensitivity to cold? Get advice.
5. Avoiding trauma. Gum shields for 'contact' sport; full face helmets for cycling; avoiding playing rugby; all good choices.